Ribs are so delicious when they are properly cooked with plenty of rich gooey sauce!
I bought these ribs already marinated – they are good quality meat with a good sauce so nothing more to do there. However, I like extra sauce and knowing that the cooking process reduces any sauce element I like to add a little extra so I have some to drizzle over later.
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Mix 1 cup chicken stock, 1 tbs honey, 1 tbs brown sugar and 1/4 cup of sweet soy together and pour into a baking dish (use a metal one as you will need to put it on the stove later). Then lay your strips of ribs and cover the dish with foil. Place in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven. Turn up the oven to 200C. Turn the ribs over and cook a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently take the ribs out and set aside.
- Place the tray on the stove over a medium heat and reduce the sauce until it thickens. Turn off the heat and gently put the ribs back in the pan. Generously baste the ribs and return to the over. Cook a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently place ribs on a board. Spoon all the sauce into a bowl. Grab a spoon and sharp knife, then serve!