Such a classic pub style meal that’s easy to make, but it doesn’t have to be boring.
- Bangers – Some good quality sausages of any variety you like. I cook them low and slow so as not to burn them.
- Mash – Use straight mashed potato or experiment. I like potato with some roasted pumpkin and roasted garlic through it. You can also use sweet potato, carrot, parsnip or whatever takes your fancy.
- Gravy – A good oozy rich gravy is perfect. Go for an onion gravy or something with a bit of spice like a curry gravy.
- Sides – Some green vegetables are always good like peas, beans or broccoli. The one pictured is a bit decadent and has fried onion rings.
- This meal can be as plain or sophisticated as you like and it works well as a kids meal.