This is a great recipe because its so quick and tasty which is handy when you get home and need to have a meal on the table pronto. You can do this in 30 minutes flat. Go!
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 100g Thai Red Curry paste
- 300ml coconut cream
- 2 tbs peanut butter (optional)
- Coconut oil (I also use light olive oil)
- 1 bunch coriander/cilantro
- 2 cups of basmati or jasmine rice
- Prepare your rice for cooking per packet instructions.
- Wash, shake dry and roughly chop the corriander/cilantro. Set aside 1/4 for garnish.
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into 3-4 pieces each. Then, using a heavy based pan on a high cook the chicken with a little oil until brown, then set aside. After the last batch turn the heat down to medium.
- Put your rice on.
- There should be some oil left in the pan, if not add a small amount and the red curry paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes whilst continuously stirring. Add the chicken and any juices and stir until all chicken is coated. Now add the coconut cream and peanut butter and stir thoroughly. Reduce heat and allow to slowly simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the larger portion of coriander/cilantro to the pot and stir through. Serve with the rice and garnish with more corriander/cilantro.
- If you have any food allergies check the ingredients on the curry paste jar and choose a brand that meets your requirements.
- Rice generally takes around 15 minutes.
- You can adjust the heat of the curry with more or less curry paste and by more/less coconut cream.
- I often serve this with a little broccolini or some beans.