To some this may sound like an odd combination, but its delicious! Think of it as a gluten free low fat alternative to pancakes. Kids love it too.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tbs castor sugar
- 2 tbs water
- Slice the strawberries
- Mix water and castor sugar in a bowl until a syrup forms, then mix in the strawberries and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat and melt a little butter, enough to coat the surface.
- Pour egg mixture into fry pan and roll pan to ensure the entire base is covered. Do not stir. Allow egg to set firmly, but make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Slide the omelette onto a board and while still warm roll it into a log.
- Slice the log into 4cm lengths and stand them on end in a shallow bowl. Then add the strawberries and syrup.