This one is inspired by my mother who used to cook something similar as I was growing up. I love it because its easy and packed with flavour. The one shown here is on a bed of roasted pumpkin mash with some lovely fresh green beans.
- 1 pork fillet cut in half
- 60g butter
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced roughly
- 2 Tsp curry powder
- 2 Tsp ginger, grated
- 2 Tbs Apricot Jam
- 2 Tbs sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- In a saucepan melt butter then add onion. Saute until translucent then add garlic and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir through.
- Add ginger, jam, soy and squeeze the lemon juice in too. Stir through.
- Add the stock and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Using an oven proof dish or a loaf tin (something that size) add a little of the glaze to the bottom. Lay the pork fillet halves on top and then pour over remaining glaze. Place in oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Set the pork aside to rest and pour the glaze back into the saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer rapidly until the glaze thickens.
- Slice pork into thick rounds, plate and pour over some of the glaze. Enjoy!