This is the basic pulled pork recipe I use. But, you can experiment with other flavors too. I like to make this pulled pork and use it for a number of different things over the week which makes it quite economical too.
- 2Kg pork shoulder (boneless)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp cumin seeds (ground)
- 2 Tbs fennel seeds (ground)
- 2 Tbs smoked paprika
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 350ml dry apple cider
- In a good sized casserole brown the pork.
- Add the garlic, salt, cumin, fennel, paprika, sugar and tomato paste. Give it a little rub across the top of the pork.
- Pour over the apple cider.
- Put a lid on the casserole and place in a pre-heated oven at 140C for 4 hours.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Using 2 forks gently pull apart (shred) the pork and mix it all together with the juices.
You can use pulled pork for lots of things. Eat it as it is or try one of my other recipes:
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Pulled Pork Pizza
- Pulled Pork Tacos
- Pulled Pork Spring Rolls