I only recently started making these and have been wondering why it took me so long to do it! They are such a great addition to so many things from curry and steak through to hot dogs and sandwiches.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (you can experiment with other types to give a different flavour)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbs of castor or fine sugar
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 red onion (cut in half then thinly slice
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt thoroughly (I put in a jar and shake well).
- Add onions and ensure liquid covers them.
- Leave them for an hour before using, but ideally 24 hours in the fridge rounds out the flavour.